Today, Dolby revealed the first locations in the world selected to offer Dolby® Atmos™. Dolby Atmos brings audiences the most lifelike and immersive movie-going experience ever.
This breakthrough audio platform represents significant innovation from Dolby and offers audiences a sensory experience that surpasses that of any other sound experience in movie theatres today. It also offers content creators unprecedented control of the placement and movement of sound within the movie theatre leading to powerful storytelling.
Theatres selected to be the first to show Disney/Pixar’s “Brave” in Dolby Atmos will be officially announced in mid-June.
The following theatres, post houses and Dolby offices will be the first in the world to provide the future of entertainment sound through Dolby Atmos:
United States & Canada
- AMC Barrywoods 24 (Kansas City, MO)
- AMC Burbank 16 (Burbank, CA)
- AMC Century City 15 (Century City, CA)
- AMC Downtown Disney 24 (Lake Buena Vista, FL)
- AMC Garden State 16 (Paramus, NJ)
- AMC Van Ness 14 (San Francisco, CA)
- Arclight Sherman Oaks (Sherman Oaks, CA)
- Brenden Theatres at the Palms (Las Vegas, NV)
- Century at Pacific Commons and XD (Fremont, CA)
- Cinemark West Plano and XD (West Plano, TX)
- SilverCity-Yonge Eglinton Cinemas (Cineplex) (Toronto, ON)
- Cinetopia Vancouver Mall 23 (Vancouver, WA)
- Kerasotes Showplace ICON at Roosevelt Collection (Chicago, IL)
- The Dolby Theatre (Hollywood, CA)
- Cinesa Diagonal Mar (Barcelona, Spain)
- Empire Leicester Square (London, United Kingdom)
- China Film Stella Theater Chain Hefei 1912 (He Fei, China)
- Shanghai Film Art Center (Shanghai, China)
- UME Shuangjing (Beijing, China)
- Wanda Cinemas Wuhan Lingjiao Lake (Wuhan, China)
Global Post Facilities:
- China Film Post (Beijing, China)
- Skywalker Sound - Skywalker Ranch (Marin County, CA)
Dolby Offices: United States & Europe
- Dolby 88 (New York City, NY)
- Dolby Screening Room (San Francisco, CA)
- Larry Umlang Theatre (Burbank, CA)
- Dolby Soho Screening Room (London, United Kingdom)
- Dolby Royal Wootton Bassett, Screen 1 (Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom)
Movie-goers should check their theatres’ individual websites and local listings for information on Dolby Atmos. Please check back for new locations coming on line here: http://www.dolby.com/us/en/professional/technology/cinema/dolby-atmos.html#id=1
ASSETS TO SHARE
To learn more about Dolby Atmos, visit dolby.com/Atmos. For an educational video on Dolby Atmos, visit: https://vimeo.com/40699179. For press materials, visit dolby.com/press.
For more information or to receive any of the aforementioned assets, please contact Joshua Gershman, 415-645-5611, email@example.com orDolbyHKTeam@hkstrategies.com
About Dolby Atmos
Dolby Atmos is the latest sound technology from Dolby Laboratories that brings a powerful new listening experience with more natural, realistic cinema sound that truly envelops the audience. It is an end-to-end solution that takes into account the entire content pipeline and brings together mixers, studios, and distributors to create dramatic improvements in the audio experience. The Dolby Atmos platform provides content creators with a new creative freedom to tell their stories and simplifies movie distribution with a single universal package to deliver to audiences the full impact of the artist's intent, regardless of theatre configuration.