The Motion Picture Exhibitors’ Association of Queensland (Inc.) was
incorporated in 1956 following an agreement with the then unincorporated
Queensland Motion Picture Exhibitors’ Association which was established in 1915.
For 90 years it has served the Queensland motion picture exhibitor community
* Representing and expressing the views and opinions of members within the
Australian Film Industry.
* Representing and expressing the views and opinions of members to State and
* Consideration of all questions connected with the business of Cinema
proprietors and promoting or opposing legislative and other measures affecting
* Obtaining information on any topics that have a practical interest for motion
* Informing members through regular newsletters of current issues relating to
the Australian Industry as well as general business practice.
* Host of the annual Australian International Movie Convention.