Photonica, Inc., a developer of a unique textile-composite fiber-optic unitary flat screen display and TV technology, as well as unsurpassed advanced pixel technologies has announced the timetable for the expected completion of the first manufacturing line for large flexible flat screen displays, working with key supply chain partners.
This manufacturing capability will also be scalable to Digital Cinema size to replace digital cinema projection systems with a lower purchase cost, lower operating cost, smaller-footprint, higher image quality, future-proofed “image wall” system for exhibitors.
Pre-orders for first-of-class fiber-optic textile composite flat screen displays are now being taken from industry developer partners seeking to launch new categories of large displays in their product lines, ranging from home theater & conference room to Cinema Screens.
Digital Cinema industry partners are now being invited to join in this historic opportunity, which promises to finally deliver an affordable, bright AND 3D digital cinema “image wall” - with the potential for 3D without glasses. In addition, the platform is future-proofed to support increased resolution standards and frame-rates exceeding the requirements of the human visual system. Support for anti-camcorder “Cam Jam” software solutions is also planned, with partnerships in place for incorporating previous solutions.
Such displays will offer unique benefits and combinations of benefits:
- COST: A pathway for practical introduction of any advanced new pixel technology - with all the expected benefits such pixel technologies are expected to deliver - for large to giant-size displays. It is a unique “display scaling solution” that is expected to change the way the industry scales up new pixel technologies from small to large display sizes and thus revolutionize display industry economics.
- A REPLACEMENT FOR ALL PROJECTION SYSTEMS: A practical alternative to all large projection-based display systems, such as digital cinema projectors and simulation systems.
- FLEXIBLE & FOLDABLE: Robust flexible/foldable displays, for ease of transport and “shapeability”
- LIGHT WEIGHT AND NON-BULKY: Light-weight and slim, for ease of mounting and for reduced transportation costs
- GREATER IMAGE REALISM: An optimal optical platform for dimensional (3D) and flat (2D) display experience
Photonica, Inc., founded in 2007 by a team of veteran technologists, executives and entrepreneurs with a proven track record of inventing and commercializing display and visual media industry technology solutions, having previously demonstrated the world’s highest-pixel-switching speed display technology, has recently completed a two year program of manufacturing supply chain development designed to meet consumer electronics industry volume demands.
Industrial markets such as Digital Cinema will be able to take advantage of this investment in time and preparation to launch their own new product lines based on the unique benefits and combination of benefits and features that promise to redefine the possibilities of what image display can do.