Start / Menu > Find Press Releases > Full Press Release
Westminster, Co—Mar 31, 2008
AMC Entertainment® Opens All-Digital AMC Orchard 12 on April 4
AMC Entertainment Inc. (AMC), one of the world's largest and most innovative theatrical exhibition companies, announced today AMC Orchard 12 at The Orchard Town Center will open to the public on April 4, bringing the gift of the best possible out-of-home entertainment experience to the northern Denver metro area this spring. To commemorate the new theatre opening, all guests who visit the theatre during the opening weekend will receive one free small popcorn with each ticket purchased.
A movie-lover's dream come true, this new state-of-the-art theatre is the first all-digital theatre in the area and is equipped with Sony® 4K digital cinema projectors, capable of producing images with more than four times the resolution of HDTV. As if all-digital screens weren't enough, two auditoriums at AMC Orchard 12 boast screens that are more than three stories high and 50 feet wide, helping showcase highly anticipated films such as Universal Pictures' "Leatherheads" and DreamWorks Pictures' "The Ruins."
AMC is known for many of the innovations that moviegoers enjoy today, including the multiplex and North American megaplex concepts. Guest satisfaction has been the foundation of the AMC experience, where our guests have been the stars since our inception in 1920.
Guests will "Experience the Difference®" at AMC Orchard 12, as a 40-foot-high glass façade greets guests as they enter through an open courtyard and begin their premium entertainment experience. The theatre is adorned with AMC's signature design concepts, including sensational high-mural celebrity graphics, movie quotes inlaid in terrazzo flooring, entertaining directors' series photographs and a modern-day rendition of the red carpet, in addition to an expansive concession stand featuring items from Clip's PicksSM concession value menu.
AMC Orchard 12 features AMC's signature quality, comfort, service and convenience, and will showcase modern amenities including:
Moviegoers visiting AMC Orchard 12 can expect to enjoy best-in-the-business guest programs offered exclusively at AMC theatre locations including:
- Twelve auditoriums with nearly 2,200 seats.
- Stadium seating with 18-inch risers and 48-inch row spacing for a perfectly clear, unobstructed view in all auditoriums.
- AMC's exclusive and ultra-comfortable LoveSeat®-style seating featuring "rocking" backs and lifting cupholder armrests.
- Digital Projection Technology in all auditoriums featuring SXRD™ 4K digital cinema projectors from Sony, capable of producing images with more than four times the resolution of HDTV.
- Uncompressed digital six-channel audio coupled with Dolby® Digital signal processing in every auditorium for clear, dynamic distortion-free audio and lifelike special effects.
- Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall curved premium movie screens in every auditorium, featuring two auditoriums with screens that are more than three stories high and 50 feet wide.
- AMC's proprietary Digital Theatre Distribution System® (DTDS) for enhanced pre-show entertainment that includes a first-look access to everything from movies, television, music, sports and advertising.
- Large, efficient, fast-serve concession area with digital menu boards offering a wide variety of moviegoers' favorite theatrical food and beverage options, including free refills on large fountain drinks and large popcorn.
- A custom-designed gaming area featuring top-performing arcade games with wide appeal, allowing guests an opportunity to enjoy relaxed or competitive play before or after their movie experience.
- AMC Guest Services area for superior guest service.
- Advance credit card tickets sales by phone or online at www.amctheatres.com.
- Four Automated Box Offices (ABOs) for easy ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick-up.
Located on the northwest corner of I-25 and 144th Avenue in Westminster, Colo., AMC Orchard 12 is the entertainment anchor of The Orchard Town Center. Additional information about the grand opening can be found at www.amctheatres.com/orchard.
- A.M.Cinema® - provides morning guests the opportunity to see first-run movies at the best ticket price of the day ($5) before noon on select Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holiday periods.
- AMC MovieWatcher - the industry's first moviegoer loyalty program that is absolutely free. With each movie ticket purchased, members earn points toward free drinks, free popcorn and free movies. Also, members who visit an AMC theatre on Wednesdays receive a free small popcorn with every ticket purchased. Rewards increase when an account is activated online at MovieWatcher.com.
- Clip's Picks - a first in the theatre industry, gives guests the opportunity to save at the concession stand when they select items from the value menu. Items can be purchased for $3 each or three for $7.50, representing a savings of more than 15 percent when purchased together. Clip's Picks value menu is available seven days a week, all day at all of AMC's locations in the United States and Canada
- (except Quebec).
About AMC Entertainment:
AMC (NYSE: AMC) is the guest experience leader with 387 locations and 5,426 screens located primarily in the United States. AMC has propelled innovation in the theatrical exhibition industry and continues today by delivering more comfort and convenience, enhanced food & beverage, greater engagement and loyalty, premium sight & sound, and targeted programming. AMC operates the most productive theatres in the country’s top markets, including No. 1 market share in the top three markets (NY, LA, Chicago)
AMC Entertainment Directory page
More AMC Press Releases:
Aug 8, 2016
AMC Theatres and Dolby to Accelerate Deployment to 100 Dolby Cinema at AMC Sites By End of 2017
Jun 22, 2016
IMAX and AMC Theatres® Sign 25-Theatre Deal
May 5, 2015
AMC Theatres® and Movio Partner to Enhance Moviegoing and Guest Engagement at AMC
Apr 9, 2015
AMC Theatres and Dolby Laboratories to Launch Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime
Nov 15, 2011
Barco Completes First U.S. Auro-3D Installations for Cinemark, Regal Entertainment Group and AMC Entertainment
Apr 8, 2011
AMC Theatres®: Company Statement Regarding Premium Video-On-Demand
Mar 30, 2009
AMC Entertainment to Convert Entire Circuit to Digital Cinema Projection with Sony 4K Systems
Mar 26, 2009
AMC Entertainment® and RealD Announce 3D Partnership
Mar 25, 2008
AMC Entertainment® Opens All-Digital AMC Yonge & Dundas 24 on March 28
Dec 7, 2007
IMAX Signs 100-Theatre Deal With AMC Entertainment™
Nov 30, 2007
Amc Entertainment™ Offers Guests An Unforgettable Hannah Montana Experience In Digital 3D
©Copyright 2003 - 2016
. All rights reserved.