Schulman Film Alley in Weatherford, Texas becomes first movie theatre in USA to install award-winning GDC immersive
sound media solution, providing capability to stand the test of time
GDC Technology Limited, a leading global provider of digital cinema solutions, today
announced that its next-generation integrated media block (IMB) and new 16-channel cinema sound processor will be
installed at the new Schulman Film Alley in Weatherford, Texas.
Based on proven GDC technology, a cinema owner’s
reliable choice since 2000, the fully DCI complaint GDC SX-4000 Standalone IMB® and XSP-1000 Cinema Processor (GDC
Immersive Sound Solution) comprises of a future-proof IMB with real-time DTS:X™ decoding and an advanced cinema
processor. This latest GDC Technology bundled solution* enables the new Schulman complex to affordably install
immersive sound in all eight dine-in auditoriums in the future. At the same time, the GDC SX-4000 IMB is designed to keep
up with upcoming technologies and standards.
The new Schulman Film Alley is scheduled to open to the public on October 28, 2016. Schulman Theatres partnered with
Sonic Equipment Company for the system integration.
Key features and benefits of the SX-4000 IMB – All the features of the current GDC IMB plus:
- Faster processing: Next-generation hardware with faster input and output capabilities.
- Higher bitrate: Decoding higher bitrate images and audio files; live or store-and-forward.
- Built-in DTS:X decoder: Powerful audio processing capabilities to decode up to 32 channels of full, rich immersive
- 18-Channels: Full 16-channel immersive sound capability with two aux channels for other devices.
- Transcends 5.1 audio: Unbinds the sound from traditional 5.1 with upmix capability to increase the number of
channels for pre-show entertainment programs and alternative content.
Key features and benefits of the XSP-1000 cinema processor
- High reliability: delivers a significant improvement in overall system stability by being integrated with bypass
audio circuitry, which allows it to remain operational in the unlikely event of a system failure.
- Low noise digital processing: features low noise digital processing, with up to 96kHz sample rate, which ensures
superb audio fidelity and presentation.
- User-friendly GUI control: runs on Windows operating systems, which allows for complete system configuration,
monitoring and firmware upgrades over USB and Ethernet.
- Automatic equalization: uses user-defined microphone calibration files and standard or user-defined equalization
curves to automatically adjust the graphic equalizer on each channel.
- Supports multiple immersive object-based sound formats: includes the latest DTS:X format, and is also
compatible with traditional 5.1/7.1 surround sound formats.
- Multifunctional control buttons: shows the current fader level, the format name (which is user configurable), and
the measured audio level on each channel of the main audio output on the front panel display.
"Being a modern pioneer means to be able to adapt and change. In fact, pioneering is essential to have a future," said
Tony Adamson, senior vice president, strategic planning of GDC Technology. "By choosing this new solution from GDC,
Schulman Theatres has ensured as technology changes, its new Film Alley will be ready."
“At Schulman Theatres, our philosophy is to continually improve the moviegoing experience by offering the most
innovative and advanced technologies available to our guests,” said Jacob Schulman, vice president of Schulman Partners,
LLC. “GDC is one of our most trusted partners. When they demonstrated its next-generation technology, it reassured us
we’ll be ready when new technologies knock at our door.”
Find out more
GDC will be at ShowEast 2016 from October 18 to 20. To schedule a meeting to learn more about the features and benefits
of the GDC Immersive Sound Solution and other improved GDC digital cinema products, such as the TMS-2000 and Library
Management solution built with GDC CLA-2000 and Enterprise Storage Plus, contact Paul Marcot at email@example.com.
*GDC Immersive Sound Solution is also sold separately.