GDC Technology Limited, a leading global provider of digital cinema solutions, is showcasing its Cinema Automation CA2.0, a groundbreaking cinema automation system and SR-1000 Standalone IMBä with CineCacheä to motion pictures exhibitors during Expocine 2018 from October 2 to 5.
The revolutionary GDC Cinema Automation CA2.0 (CA2.0) is the first-ever centralized solution to provide comprehensive automated management of content storage and playback, show scheduling, power supply and screening quality. GDC CA2.0 incorporates the SCL-2000 Centralized Storage Playback Solution, an integrated centralized storage and playback system designed to streamline content management, and leverages machine intelligence to increase efficiency while dramatically reducing the need for human intervention. CA2.0 features sophisticated fail-safe design by machine intelligence to ensure every screening continues autonomously.
Changing the Way Cinemas Manage Operations
First deployed in June 2017 in Asia, CA2.0 has proven to increase efficiency and quality while significantly reducing operating cost. The automated solution supports the ubiquitous SX-3000 and SX-4000 IMB and the new 6th generation SR-1000 IMB. Currently, CA2.0 is deployed and proven in 40 cinemas, managing 300 screens in China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and the U.S.
Key Benefits of Cinema Automation CA2.0
The SCL-2000 is capable of playback of 1,000 movies to as many as 14 screens from a centralized server, increasing programming flexibility and eliminating the need for local storage.
The SCL-2000 marks three major breakthroughs:
In addition to automating the complex procedure of manually preparing or editing show playlists, CA2.0 incorporates other impressive advances, such as:
- Reduces content ingestion time by over 90 percent1 (only need to ingest DCP into a central server)
- Increases playback reliability by 14 times2
- Stores over 30 times more content for each and every auditorium3
The combined solution of SR-1000 IMB and Cinema Automation CA2.0 is the world’s first local HDD storage-free solution to increase efficiency and quality of cinema management. Both SR-1000 and Cinema Automation CA2.0 are available in market for order now.
- The system intelligently manages equipment power supply and assures screening quality automatically
- Its sophisticated fail-safe design helps eliminating interruptions by ensuring that every screening continues undisturbed in the highly unlikely event of a central server failure
SR-1000 Standalone Integrated Media Block™
By leveraging on GDC’s 18 years of R&D in media server and its profound knowledge in cinema operations, SR-1000 IMB is designed from scratch by using the latest and most powerful semiconductor and power electronics used in medical and military products. SR-1000 is a very important milestone for GDC and cinema operations with a number of breakthrough features. It introduces a new feature known as CineCache™ (built-in cache memory) that allows content playback in the absence of a local HDD storage. SR-1000 recently passed the most stringent QA program conducted by the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company.
Key Features and Benefits
- Ultra-Storage - enables the content management and playback of over 1,000 movies from a central server with GDC’s CA2.0 technology. The elimination of content ingestion to each and every auditorium’s media server is an important breakthrough in cinema operation; it significantly reduces downtime and saves both time and money.
- Web-based User Interface - SR-1000 and SX-4000 feature a completely new user interface (UI), enabling SMS to be used remotely through a web browser. By detaching the UI from a touchscreen monitor that is closely tied to the IMB, the SMS can now run remotely on a cellphone, iPadâ, tablet, laptop or PC with a browser.
- Integrates with all generations of DLP Cinemaâ projectors - The SR-1000 IMB seamlessly integrates with Series 1, 2 and 3 projectors from Barco, Christie and NEC, using one common media server UI.
“GDC’s passion for innovation is driven by listening to our customers and understanding their evolving needs as the industry enters into the fully-automated phase of digital operations”, said Dr. Man-Nang Chong, Founder, Chairman and CEO of GDC Technology. “Our goal is to satisfy their needs by continually improving and automating cinema operation through our reliable first-to-market solutions, helping exhibitors to cut operating costs, increase revenues and improve screening quality. For years we have been tight-lipped about the development of our latest technologies. We are excited to bring our newest solutions to the Latin America market, changing cinema operation from 1.0 to 2.0.”
Be Amazed by the Showcase
Visit GDC at Expocine at booth #26, 27 to learn more about the unmatched CA2.0, SR-1000 IMB and SX-4000 IMB.