GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’), a leading global provider of digital cinema solutions, announced today that it will showcase its Red Dot award-winning Espedeo™ Supra-5000 RGB Plus laser phosphor cinema projector at this year’s CineAsia 2020 On-line Trade Show and Conference, held virtually on November 4 and 5. In addition, GDC will launch a record number of innovations developed from its continual research and development during the pandemic. The new products include solutions designed to automate workflow and provide advanced technologies for cinema operators as the industry prepares to adapt to changing business models. Espedeo Supra-5000 RGB Plus laser phosphor cinema projector
is an affordable DCI-compliant projection system offering amongst the lowest TCO due to its architecture and advanced technology. Its key features include:
· Specifically designed for in-auditorium ceiling mount (no hush box or exhaust). It is smaller, lighter and quieter when compared to other cinema projectors with the same brightness level.
· 5,000 lumen laser phosphor digital cinema projector, achieving DCI colors and 99% of Rec.2020 with the world’s leading ALPD 4.0 technology.
· Light engine and lens are designed with IP5X level of dustproof protection for maximizing brightness.
· Built-in GDC’s All-in-One-Board to provide diskless 2TB CineCache™ (built-in cache memory). Content ingest and playback can be performed concurrently without local HDD storage. Incredibly fast ingest during playback.
· Audio key feature coming soon: optional built-in digital cinema audio processor to playback movie titles in uncompressed audio tracks, reproducing the most accurate sound possible.
· Supports GoGoCinema™ cinema-on-demand platform with GDC Cinema Automation 2.0.
· Supra Command Center: an intuitive web-based control UI connected to projector’s built-in Wi-Fi that can be accessed with a desktop, a laptop or a tablet. SR-1000 Integrated Media Block™ with 2TB diskless CineCache and built-in cinema audio processor
GDC’s SR-1000 was introduced in March at CinemaCon 2017 to rave reviews by exhibitors. This year, the product line expands to include a built-in cinema audio processor to cost-effectively enhance the audio by simply adding the low-cost optional license to activate the feature. In addition, the diskless CineCache (built-in cache memory) was expanded to 2TB storage, allowing content playback to be performed without the need for local HDD storage. Key features and benefits of built-in cinema audio processor
· 5.1/7.1 surround sound
· Individual channel delays and gains
· Channel routing and duplication
· Integrated UI with IMB
· Optional IO (Input-Output) Box AIB-2000 to interface with external audio equipment such as analog amplifiers, booth monitor, mic, MP4 players and HDMI devices
· 8 channel premium quality DAC
· The built-in audio processor license can be procured and configured in SR-1000 remotely from GDC
In addition to these two new features, the SR-1000 offers an intuitive web-based user interface that is enabled by using handheld devices such as a smartphone or tablet and supports playback of thousands of movies with Cinema Automation CA2.0 and its Ultra Storage technology. Expanded Cinema Automation 2.0 (CA2.0) capability and new CMS-3000
completely automate workflow to reduce cost and error and allow management to focus on the big picture. The revolutionary GDC CA2.0 incorporates the SCL Mk2 Centralized Playback Server Series
, an integrated centralized storage and playback system designed to streamline content management. The SCL Mk2
central servers now getting faster with full-speed USB3.0 ingest while playback to multiple auditoriums. It leverages machine intelligence to generate show playlist automatically and manage cinema equipment that increase efficiency by several orders of magnitude while dramatically reducing the need for human intervention.Key features of CMS-3000 web-based central management enterprise software managing screenings across an entire cinema circuit from its headquarters:
S1 Kit Plus
- Integrates seamlessly with an exhibitor’s pre-show advertising and entertainment program to streamline the advertising workflow;
- allows any circuit to help eliminate redundant time and labor spent on the same routine tasks with local TMS and/or CA2.0; and
- supports multiple user access simultaneously anytime…anywhere.
is a physical enclosure for SR-1000 IMB, the company’s ultra-reliable 6th generation digital cinema media server, and provides cooling, power, enterprise storage up to 16TB and necessary interfaces to be able to communicate and work with all Series 1 projectors.
· Depending on the particular circumstances, SR-1000 IMB with S1 Kit Plus can help extend
the life of Series 1 projectors.
· SR-1000 IMB with S1 Kit Plus is the only future-proof, ultra-reliable solution for exhibitors to
replace a failed Series 1 projector’s media server.
· When replacing a Series 1 projector, the SR-1000 IMB detached from S1 Kit Plus seamlessly
plugs into Series 2, 3 or 4 projectors.
The Enterprise Series Storage
devices, including Enterprise Storage Plus and new Enterprise Storage Lite
, are dedicated storage playback systems designed for an IMB to manage movie content. These systems are scalable from a performance and budget perspective, providing exhibitors with options to meet their needs. Enterprise Storage Plus offers up to 32TB while Enterprise Storage Lite offers up to 16TB. Both systems provide reliable redundant hot-swappable drives.