GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’), a leading global provider of digital cinema solutions, announced today that it will demonstrate the multiple award-winning Espedeo Supra-5000 RGB Plus laser phosphor cinema projector (“Supra-5000”) at this year’s CineEurope 2021, held on October 4 to 7 in Barcelona.
Supra-5000 is the first DCI compliant projection system which is the lightest, smallest, quietest and 40,000-hour laser-powered. In addition, GDC will showcase new media servers including the SR-1000 media server featuring various built-in audio solutions including 7.1 and 15.1 cinema audio processors, and 24-channel DTS:X™ and immersive audio bitstream (IAB) players.
GDC will also showcase two media servers with future-proof, ultra-reliable SR Series media server technology giving a new lease of life to the legacy digital cinema projectors:
“The European cinema market is one of the most diverse, innovative and dynamic regions in the world with cinema owners constantly facing both challenges and opportunities to engage and attract audiences,” said Dr. Man-Nang Chong, founder, chairman and CEO of GDC Technology. “Our goal is to continually satisfy their needs by introducing novel solutions, helping exhibitors reduce operating costs and improve screening quality with advanced technologies. CineEurope is the perfect venue to showcase Supra-5000 and our newest products.”
Key features and benefits of Espedeo Supra-5000 projector:
GDC Technology at CineEurope
- Designed for in-auditorium ceiling mount (no hush box)
- Air cooling without exhaust.
- 40,000 hours laser phosphor-powered cinema projector with the world’s leading ALPD 4.0 technology, achieving DCI colors and 99% of Rec.2020 color gamut.
- Light engine and lens are designed with IP5X level of dustproof protection.
- Built-in GDC’s All-in-One-Board designed with near-zero maintenance electronics and tested for 100,000 Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF).
- Diskless CineCacheTM 2TB (built-in cache storage); content ingest and playback can be performed concurrently without local HDD storage; incredibly fast ingest during playback with approximately 30 minutes per digital cinema package (DCP) ingest.
- Optional built-in cinema audio processor to playback movie titles in uncompressed 5.1/7.1 audio tracks.
- Optional built-in audio processor to playback movie titles in DTS:X and IAB formats.
- Supports GDC Cinema Automation 2.0 that enables the playback of thousands of movies and auto power-on/power-off for the projector’s laser according to the pre-set schedules.
- Supra Command Center: an intuitive web-based control UI connected to the projector’s built-in Wi-Fi that can be accessed with a computer, a laptop, or a tablet.
- Option to customize the magnetic cover to match your ceiling color.
GDC will participate in the ICTA Seminar Series new products discussions on October 3. During the Trade Show hours, GDC will live demonstrate its multiple award-winning Supra-5000 laser phosphor cinema projector along with its latest products. Attendees are invited to visit GDC without scheduling a session in meeting room 131, Level P1, CCIB.