GDC Technology Limited (‘GDC’), a leading global provider of digital cinema solutions, announced today that Showplace Entertainment deployed the ultra-reliable SR-1000 Standalone Integrated Media Block™ with the built-in cinema audio processor to playback movie and surround sound at three locations in Indiana.
The SR-1000’s built-in cinema audio processor option is designed to reduce the cost associated with booth operations and offer the capability to provide superior sound designed for 5.1 and 7.1 PCM uncompressed surround sound functionality – the purest digital sound not “contaminated” by compression. The SR-1000 with built-in cinema audio processor is the only solution currently available that supports series 1, 2, 3 and 4 DLP Cinema® projectors, making it the best possible solution for exhibitors replacing both their legacy media servers and cinema audio processors.
Showplace Cinemas North and Showplace Cinemas East are in Evansville, Indiana, and feature nine and 20 screens respectively. Showplace Cinemas Newburgh in Newburgh, Indiana features 10 screens for moviegoers to enjoy the latest blockbusters from Hollywood. All three cinemas were recently remodeled, including the installation by Strong Technical Services of the latest all-RGB laser projection powered by GDC SR-1000 with the built-in cinema audio processor to playback content in 7.1 surround sound.
“Showplace is committed to always installing the most innovative technologies. We have been GDC customers for many years and have always been satisfied with their products and response time from their customer service,” said Mick Stieler, president, North Park Cinema, Inc. Showplace Cinemas. “We needed to purchase sound processors for these remodeling projects and were excited that GDC offered a new audio option with their media servers.”
“SR-1000 were developed from our over 20-year knowledge of digital cinema and constantly working with our industry partners, such as Showplace Entertainment,” said Annie Wang, president for GDC Technology USA LLC. “The installation of our newest products at their three locations provides them with the latest technology, reducing costs and delivering the best possible sight and sound designed for today’s and tomorrow’s digital cinema world.” Key features and benefits of SR-1000 with built-in cinema audio processor option
- Offers the capability to provide superior sound designed for 5.1 and 7.1 PCM uncompressed surround sound functionality. Also, a built-in 15.1 cinema audio processor to replace an external cinema processor, including DTS:X™ installations. The cinema audio processor license that can be procured remotely from GDC, unlocks the optional built-in cinema audio processor’s features. The embedded robust audio processing engine can achieve precise sound system calibration of the theatre by supporting:
· 5.1 / 7.1 / 15.1 audio equalizer (EQ)
o 1/3-octave graphic EQ with independent bass and treble controls (non-LFE channels)
o Parametric EQ (choice of dedicated general LFE settings or SMPTE standard LFE settings for LFE channel)
· 2-way crossover with selectable filter type and configurable slope (5.1/7.1 only)
· Fader (gain adjustment), global and individual channel delay
· Uncompressed audio processing (including LPCM on HDMI input)
· Provides booth monitor output (5.1/7.1 only)
· Built-in signal generator, mute with configurable fade-in/fade-out times, wide dynamic range
· Audio input level display, easy configuration backup and restore
· Channel routing and duplication
GDC offers an optional Audio IO (Input-Output) Box AIB-2000
for the SR-1000, with a built-in 8-channel premium quality digital-to-analog converter (DAC), to interface with external audio equipment such as analog amplifiers, booth monitor, microphone, and media player.