Since 2009, IMAGE&3D EUROPE, a non-profit association chaired by the President of the University of Liège, organizes annually 3D Stereo MEDIA, the International 3D Summit for Science, Technology, Art, and Business.
3D Stereo MEDIA (3DSM) is recognized by the professionals as one of the few places in the world where 3D experts can meet, exchange ideas, conceive projects, and conclude deals. By 3D, we mean all immersive technologies such as Cinema, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, but also 3D printing and other related technologies.
Now in this eighth edition, 3DSM continues its tradition of answering the needs of 3D professionals and enthusiasts worldwide.
3DSM also aims at being the best and most complete 3D event in the world, it thrives to promote 3D across the globe, and to help the 3D community by maintaining a steady spirit in all circumstances.
The golden principles of 3D Stereo MEDIA are:
- to cover all aspects and all applications of all forms of 3D
- to bring together scientists, engineers, technicians, artists, and business persons, all animated by a common passion for 3D
- to deliver information of the highest-possible quality and answering the needs of attendees
- to promote networking and interaction between all attendees, whether artistically or technically/research minded.
The 2016 edition features:
- Scientific and professional conferences (IC3D and PCON)
- International 3D Festival for films and VR contents (I3DF)
- Awards ceremony organized in partnership with the Advanced Imaging Society (Hollywood, US)
- Training on 3D Cinematic VR (3D Academy)
- Coaching and pitching of 3D Films and VR projects (3D Film Booster)
- VR demos and a VR theate
The eight edition will be held in the Théâtre de Liège, Belgium (90 km east of Brussels) on 13-15 December 2016.