DCS Events are proud to announce that the 2019 conference will return to Istanbul this November. Building on the huge success of last year’s inaugural event, we are pleased to confirm that this conference will feature a mix of keynote speakers and presentations from industry experts in the cinema, leisure and property sectors.
- KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- EXPERT PANEL SESSIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- SPOTLIGHTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS ON TURKEY/ AFRICA/ BALKANS/ CENTRAL ASIA
- FOCUS INTRODUCTIONSS TO A VARIETY OF EXCITING EMERGING TERRITORIES
- UPDATE ON THE GULF COOPERATION COUNCIL
- PROGRESS REPORT FROM ECM2018 WORKSHOPS
- HIGHLIGHTS ON LOCAL CONTENT PROFITABLITY
- FIRST CLASS NETWORKING – BRINGING NEW CONTACTS TOGETHER
- SHOPPING CENTRE/ CINEMA / STUDIO TOUR – 19TH NOV TBC
- EXTENSIVE MEDIA SUPPORT
- SPONSORSHIP & BRANDING OPPORTUNITIES
Special focus sessions on Turkey, Africa, the Balkans, Central Asia and other emerging countries will be at the heart of this conference. There will also be an update on the Gulf Cooperation Council cinema industry hosted by The Big Picture Cinema Consultants. Keynote speakers and the full schedule will be announced over the coming months.
When ECM2018 was launched we had no idea it would be a catalyst for the industry and achieve a number of ‘firsts’ in the cinema business –
- First ever international conference with a Saudi national discussing cinema on stage – the launch of Muvi
- First ever focused panel on Africa – an enlightening session showing massive business potential
- First ever international presentation on Kazakhstan by the leading cinema chain in that area
- ECM2018 changed the pre conceptions of cinema in Turkey for many of the delegates – the trip to the cinemas based in Istanbuls’ high class shopping malls was fascinating and enlightening
- Exclusive session on Pakistan - amazing presentation which highlighted how much needs to be done in a country of over 200 million people
- Unique session on Cinema in Mozambique – an insight into the people and culture of the untapped Portuguese market areas in Africa
“The Emerging Cinema Markets Conference of Africa, Central Asia, the Balkans, Eastern Europe, the GCC and Turkey are crucial to the development of global box office revenues.
“The Emerging Cinema Markets Conference 2019 will follow on from the successful introductory event hosted in Istanbul in late 2018. ECM2019 will provide industry stakeholders including trade suppliers, exhibitors and content providers from the region a unique chance to come together at #ecmistanbul to explore, discuss and learn about the key developments, technical challenges and innovations that are central to the cinema industry today and looking ahead to the future.
“Interest in ECM2019 has been overwhelming and we are so pleased that there is such a high level of interest in to participate and attend #ecmistanbul”
“We promise that it is going to be a very informative and interesting event and one that also offers a unique chance to network with industry experts and professionals.” Rob Arthur, Founder & Director, DCS Events and Partner at The Big Picture.
“With the growing saturation of established cinema markets and the proliferation of alternative technology platforms for viewing films, the need for cinema industry to discover new growth territories is crucially important. But we also know that finding and understanding the specific dynamics of an emerging cinema market is a difficult task, and often an expensive challenge.
“This is where the ECM Conference is super important to the industry, with its specific focus on those markets with new and potentially significant additions to global admissions and box office revenues. It gives a distinct platform for the world to learn directly from experts from emerging cinema markets across the world. I was pleased to have the opportunity at ECM 2018 to showcase to the world some positive data analytics from the Nigeria cinema market that the world did not previously know or understand, as well as the business opportunity that exists untapped within. I look forward to attending the 2019 edition.” Kene Mkparu, President & CEO, KOMWORLD Limited
“Movie going keeps growing year after year globally. But this growth is even more so internationally. The Emerging Cinema Markets is a perfect opportunity to focus in places with untapped audiences and great appetite to enjoy the cinema experience, sometimes for the first time.” Arturo Guillen VP - EMEA & India, Comscore
Delegate costs will be kept at the same level as last year - €995 for the three days activities. Industry body membership discounts and selected partners rates will be available. Venue to be announced shortly. Sponsorship packages offered at all levels.