Orlando, Fla.—Oct 15, 2007
NEC Adds Wide-Screen Pre-Show Projector to Digital Cinema Line
NEC ADVASuite NP4001’s WXGA Resolution, Higher Brightness Ideal for Pre-Show Advertising
NEC Corporation of America, a premier provider of network, IT and digital cinema solutions, today announced the addition of the ADVASuite™ NP4001 projector at ShowEast in Orlando, Florida. The new ADVASuite NP4001 projector with a WXGA (Wide eXtended Graphics Array) of 1280x768 native resolution and a UXGA (Ultra eXtended Graphics Array) of 1600x1200 is ideal for pre-show theatre advertisements, typically shown on screens that have a 16:9 aspect ratio. With 4500 ANSI lumens, the NP4001 offers the brightest projection of NEC’s ADVASuite projector line for clear images. In addition, the NC1600C, NEC’s STARUS™ Digital Cinema projector for medium-sized screens is now generally available in North America.
“By moving to wide-screen digital projection, theatres can differentiate their pre-show advertisement with dynamic, effective advertising to improve audience attention,” said Kurt Schwenk, general manager, Digital Cinema Division, NEC Corporation of America. “This can translate into better pre-show advertisement sales figures and improve the bottom line.”
Additional NEC NP4001 features include:
· Lamp-saver technologies with heat sensor and reserve power to keep cooling fan running even after disconnected from power;
· Dual lamp, as well as single lamp, operation and selectable settings for multiple light outputs to provide redundancy and extended lamp life;
· Vertical and manual lens shift and five optional bayonet style lenses allowing flexible projector placement;
· Advanced video processing with BrilliantColor™ technology from Texas Instrument to deliver exceptional picture management control for both progressive and interlaced sources, while making images more vibrant, colors more realistic, and blacks richer with detail;
· Complete control of the projector using RS-232/LAN from a control system; and
· Advanced networking technologies and asset management features to give theatres the flexibility to control and monitor projectors through local area networks.
NEC’s premium ADVASuite projectors deliver ultra-bright and vivid images, while offering flexibility, durability and integrated networking capabilities. The ADVASuite NP series of projectors provides an impressive, easy-to-use solution that delivers reliable performance and quality digital images.
The NEC ADVASuite NP4001, as well as the STARUS NC1600 announced in March 2007 at ShoWest, are available now. The ADVASuite NP4001 projector and STARUS NC1600C projector will be displayed at the Strong booth (#700) at ShowEast in Orlando, Fla. on October 15 - 18, 2007.
About Digital Cinema
The Digital Cinema Division of NEC Corporation of America leverages NEC’s world-class expertise in visual display products, IT infrastructure and integration services to develop specialized solutions for the delivery and management of digital content. By combining the expertise of movie-making professionals with the technological innovation of NEC, the Digital Cinema Division delivers all-encompassing digital cinema and in-theatre solutions that meet the requirements of the entertainment industry.