Dolby has seen amazing momentum with Dolby Atmos and recently hit a significant landmark, confirming there are now over 600 screens installed or committed across the EMEA region. Globally there are now more than 1,800 Dolby Atmos screens installed or committed to in more than 60 countries, more than 130 mixing facilities worldwide, and more than 465 titles announced with support from all major Hollywood studios.
Dolby will also showcase its award-winning Dolby Cinema™ offering, which is supported by all the major Hollywood studios. In just over a year, more than 200 Dolby Cinema sites have been installed or committed to across the globe, with 41 titles released or announced. New Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision Titles for Dolby Cinema
Upcoming Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision Titles for Dolby Cinema
- Amblin Entertainment, The BFG, July 1, 2016
- Twentieth Century Fox, Ice Age: Collision Course, July 22, 2016 (International release only)
- LAIKA/Focus Features, Kubo and the Two Strings, August 19, 2016
New Dolby Atmos Titles Announced
- Twentieth Century Fox, Independence Day: Resurgence, June 24, 2016
- Warner Bros. Pictures, The Legend of Tarzan, July 1, 2016
- Paramount Pictures, Star Trek Beyond, July 22, 2016
- Paramount Pictures, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, October 21, 2016
- Sony Pictures, Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, November 11, 2016
- Warner Bros. Pictures, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, November 18, 2016
- Warner Bros. Pictures, Wonder Woman, June 2017
Upcoming Dolby Atmos Titles
- Warner Bros. Pictures, The Conjuring 2, June 10, 2016
- Warner Bros. Pictures, Sully, September 9, 2016
- Twentieth Century Fox, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, September 30, 2016
- Warner Bros. Pictures, CRO - Don't believe the Hype, October 05, 2016 (Germany)
- Warner Bros. Pictures, DxM, October 05, 2016 (Germany)
- Lionsgate, La La Land, December 16, 2016
- Universal Pictures, Sing, December 21, 2016
Centre de Convencions Internacional Barcelona
- The Orchard, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, June 26, 2016
- Illumination/Universal Pictures, The Secret Life of Pets, July 8, 2016
- Sony Pictures, Ghostbusters, July 15, 2016
- Warner Bros. Pictures, Suicide Squad, August 5, 2016
- Sony Pictures, Inferno, October 28, 2016
- Paramount Pictures’ Monster Trucks, January 13, 2017
- Warner Bros. Pictures, The LEGO® Batman Movie, February 10, 2017
- Sony Pictures, Baby Driver, March 17, 2017
- Sony Pictures, Spider-Man Homecoming, July 7, 2017
CineEurope attendees with full-pass access will be able to experience these film as well as select footage of studio presentations in Dolby Atmos. The following list shows the schedule:
On Display at CineEurope 2016
- Monday, June 20, 6:15 p.m.: Warner Bros. Pictures International product presentation
- Tuesday, June 21, 10:15 a.m.: Universal Pictures International’s The Secret Life of Pets in Dolby Atmos
- Wednesday, June 22, 4:30 p.m.: Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures International product presentation
- Thursday, June 23, 3:00 p.m.: Special screening of Amblin Entertainment’s The BFG in Dolby Atmos
Dolby offers a full range of integrated, end-to-end postproduction, audio, imaging and accessibility solutions. Dolby products and technologies to be showcased at CineEurope 2016 in Expo Hall, Suite B include the following.
SLS Express Series
The SLS Express Series is the latest innovation in loudspeaker, rigging and amplifier technologies and enables you to deliver the unmatched Dolby Atmos experience at up to a 40 percent cost reduction. It consists of new 3-Axis Speakers, which deliver exceptionally clear and powerful sound in a smaller, lighter package that’s easier to install, and a Rapid Rigging System, which simplifies overhead speaker installation to reduce labor costs and downtime. The innovative rigging system can run the entire span of the room and make it possible to load all the speakers in one end and pull them all into place. The series also includes the first-ever Dolby Atmos Amplifier, a new advanced design that can replace up to 12 stereo amplifiers and lower amplification costs by up to 30 percent.
Dolby Integrated Media Server IMS2000
The Dolby® Integrated Media Server IMS2000 is a single-board solution that provides high uptime to keep the show running and protect revenue streams. The Dolby IMS2000 offers cost-effective reliability proven on more than 90,000 screens worldwide, plus the flexibility you need for today’s cinemas. The IMS2000 is the next-generation offering in the Dolby Integrated Media Server line of products. It continues the trend of providing on-board RAID storage, server control, and a DCI-compliant media block in a compact form enabling it to fit in a DLP® Series 2 projector. User control is via a web-based UI, allowing access from anywhere on the theatre network, with full compatibility with Dolby Theatre Management System TMS4 and any third-party TMS that supports Dolby products.
Dolby Atmos Cinema Processor CP850 Product Line
The Dolby Atmos Cinema Processor CP850 product line offers you a choice of advanced digital cinema audio solutions to fit your business model. Whether you’re ready to equip your cinema for an immersive Dolby Atmos audio experience now or prefer a flexible processor that you can upgrade in the future to deliver a full Dolby Atmos experience, we have a Dolby CP850 processor that’s ideal for your needs. The CP850 Base will play back traditional Dolby® Surround 7.1 and 5.1 formats, as well as render select Dolby Atmos titles to a Dolby Surround 7.1 configuration. The CP850 Base includes the same advanced equalization and other audio features as the full Dolby Atmos Cinema Processor CP850. The CP850 Base does not require Dolby Atmos Commissioning Service. Dolby Atmos marketing support is exclusive to theatres with the full Dolby Atmos Cinema Processor CP850.
Dolby Atmos Interface DAC3202
The Dolby Atmos Connect Interfaces allows you to use legacy amplifiers in Dolby Atmos installations. The Dolby Atmos Cinema Processor CP850 employs an audio-over-Ethernet protocol to send a digital audio stream to Dolby Atmos Connect Interfaces. A Dolby Atmos Connect Interface converts digital audio to analog audio for connection to amplifiers. Each Dolby Atmos Connect Interface offers 32 analog outputs.
A Dolby Atmos Cinema Processor CP850 together with a single Dolby Atmos Connect Interface can support up to 48 speaker feeds. Installations with more than 48 speaker feeds will need two Dolby Atmos Connect Interfaces.
Dolby Theatre Management System TMS4
Dolby TMS 4 is a comprehensive theatre management system (TMS) that simplifies and streamlines digital cinema operations. Offering a robust set of capabilities from automated content transfers, easy management of show playlist and scheduling, detailed device monitoring and reporting, and broad support for POS schedule integration, Dolby TMS 4 is a complete solution for digital cinema workflow management.
Key features include key delivery message (KDM) management, content management (including manual and automated transfers with priority based on schedule), show playlist building, schedule management, playlist pack functionality for easier management of preshow advertisements and trailers, scheduled audit-log report generation, and projector-status monitoring.
Dolby CineAsset is a complete mastering software suite that can create and play back DCI-compliant digital cinema packages (DCPs) from virtually any source. The Pro version of Dolby CineAsset allows for the generation of encrypted DCPs and provides the ability to easily generate KDMs for any encrypted content in the Dolby CineAsset database.
With Dolby CineAsset’s intuitive database, asset management has never been simpler. Drop folders allow for automated transfer of image sequences and other media files into the database. While the full 64-bit software architecture ensures that CineAsset is fast and reliable, the availability of Mac®
, and CentOS™ Linux®
versions ensures flexibility.
The Dolby CineAsset suite includes Dolby CineAsset, Dolby CineAsset Player, and the Dolby CineInspect DCP validation tool.
About Dolby Cinema
Dolby Cinema, recipient of the 2015 Red Dot Award for product design, delivers the total cinema experience. It combines powerful image and sound technologies with inspired cinema design to make every visit a completely captivating cinematic event.
Dolby Cinema includes award-winning technologies Dolby Vision™ and Dolby Atmos. Dolby Vision is a state-of-the-art authoring and playback imaging technology that enables the cinema to bring the story alive onscreen. In 2015, the Dolby Vision laser projector received an engineering excellence award from the Hollywood Post Alliance. Outfitted with Dolby Atmos, a Dolby Cinema transports audiences into the movie with breathtakingly real sound that fills the cinema and flows all around them.
Dolby Atmos has received technical achievement awards from both the Hollywood Post Alliance and the Cinema Audio Society.
When these technologies are combined with the sophisticated Dolby Cinema design, everything comes together to pull moviegoers more deeply into the story and transform their visit into an event. In just over a year, more than 200 Dolby Cinema sites have been installed or committed to across the globe, with 41 titles released or announced.
For more information, please visit the Dolby Cinema