AMC Entertainment Inc. (AMC), one of the world's largest and most innovative theatrical exhibition companies, announced today AMC Yonge & Dundas 24 in the Toronto Life Square will open to the public on March 28, bringing the gift of the best possible out-of-home entertainment experience to downtown Toronto this spring. To commemorate the new theatre opening, all guests who visit the theatre through April 24 will receive one free small popcorn with each ticket purchased.
A movie-lover's dream come true, this new state-of-the-art theatre is the first all-digital theatre in the area and is equipped with Sony® 4K digital cinema projectors, capable of producing images with more than four times the resolution of HDTV. As if all-digital screens weren't enough, two auditoriums at AMC Yonge & Dundas 24 boast screens that are more than three stories high and 55 feet wide, helping showcase highly anticipated films such as Paramount Pictures' "Stop-Loss" and Sony Pictures' "21."
AMC is known for many of the innovations that moviegoers enjoy today, including the multiplex and North American megaplex concepts. Guest satisfaction has been the foundation of the AMC experience, where our guests have been the stars since our inception in 1920.
Guests will "Experience the Difference®" at AMC Yonge & Dundas 24, as they ascend to their premium entertainment experience through escalators leading from the box office on the ground level up to the entrance on the fourth floor. The theatre is adorned with AMC's signature design concepts, including sensational high-mural celebrity graphics, movie quotes inlaid in terrazzo flooring, entertaining directors' series photographs and a modern-day rendition of the red carpet, in addition to an expansive concession stand featuring items from Clip's PicksSM concession value menu.
AMC Yonge & Dundas 24 features AMC's signature quality, comfort, service and convenience, and will showcase modern amenities including:
- Twenty-four auditoriums with nearly 5,000 seats.
- Stadium seating with 18-inch risers and 48-inch row spacing for a perfectly clear, unobstructed view in all auditoriums.
- AMC's exclusive and ultra-comfortable Canadian edition of LoveSeat®-style seating featuring "rocking" backs and lifting cupholder armrests.
- Digital Projection Technology in all auditoriums featuring SXRD™ 4K digital cinema projectors from Sony, capable of producing images with more than four times the resolution of HDTV.
- Uncompressed digital six-channel audio coupled with Dolby® Digital signal processing in every auditorium for clear, dynamic distortion-free audio and lifelike special effects.
- Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall curved premium movie screens in every auditorium, featuring two auditoriums with screens that are more than three stories high and 55 feet wide.
- Large, efficient, fast-serve concession area with menu boards offering a wide variety of moviegoers' favorite theatrical food and beverage options, including free refills on large fountain drinks and large popcorn.
- A custom-designed gaming area featuring top-performing arcade games with wide appeal, allowing guests an opportunity to enjoy relaxed or competitive play before or after their movie experience.
- AMC Guest Services area for superior guest service.
- Advance credit card tickets sales by phone or online at www.amctheatres.com.
- Twelve Automated Box Offices (ABOs) for easy ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick-up. (Eight on the ground floor and four on the fourth floor).
Moviegoers visiting AMC Yonge & Dundas 24 can expect to enjoy best-in-the-business guest programs offered exclusively at AMC theatre locations including:
- A.M.Cinema® - provides morning guests the opportunity to see first-run movies at the best ticket price of the day ($6) before noon on select Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holiday periods.
- AMC MovieWatcher - the industry's first moviegoer loyalty program that is absolutely free. With each movie ticket purchased, members earn points toward free drinks, free popcorn and free movies. Also, members who visit an AMC theatre on Wednesdays receive a free small popcorn with every ticket purchased. Rewards increase when an account is activated online at MovieWatcher.com.
- Clip's Picks - a first in the theatre industry, gives guests the opportunity to save at the concession stand when they select items from the value menu. Items can be purchased for $3 each or three for $7.50, representing a savings of more than 15 percent when purchased together. Clip's Picks value menu is available seven days a week, all day at all of AMC's locations in the United States and Canada (except Quebec).
- AMC SELECT ® - provides guests a year-round selection of the most exciting and diverse films at the state-of-the-art AMC Yonge & Dundas 24. Simply put, special films belong in special venues.
Located on the northeast corner of Yonge & Dundas Streets in downtown Toronto, AMC Yonge & Dundas 24 is the entertainment anchor of Toronto Life Square. Additional information about the grand opening can be found at www.amctheatres.com/yd.